2.17.2009

Indie Music Web 2.0 Platforms Compared

While doing my daily scanning through Twitter today, I ran across a few tweets pointing out a small comparison chart of three web 2.0 music sites. Why only the three, I'm not sure since, there are plenty more than that, and listed within Listio's directory, as well.

I've also been running into a lot industry feedback on PLUGOLA, such as, "You're in a crowded market" or "it's just another indie music web site". Although that may be true, I believe this is causing a lot of the features that makes PLUGO.LA stand-out to be overlooked. Not only that, but it's tough for musicians these days to find what's best for them with all this new technology being thrown at them. So, I put together a little comparison chart of my own.

Please keep in mind that, this chart is only comparing Plugola's features against some of the other digital music distribution websites, based around some sort of community and independent musicians. I tried to remain unbiased as possible, so if you think I missed something important, or you think I made a mistake, please leave me a comment.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude I'm doing some research on these platforms as a group. Any idea on the market valuation of this collective?. I'm trying to quantify how much shift in the market is worth as a tipping point?

Thx,

Choef

Share This